I'm willing to bet you never heard of the Mosquito Magnet MM3300 Executive Mosquito Trap? The word "executive" really makes it sound snazzy, huh? Well at a price of $670, you get a whole lot more than snazz my friend.
Here are the advertised features.
* Cordless mosquito trap that covers up to 1 acre.
* Patented CounterFlow technology lures, captures, and controls mosquitos.
* LCD panel offers enhanced diagnostics and 4 fuel savings modes.
* Mimics the human breath by converting propane into CO2.
* Backed by Mosquito Magnet's 360º consumer support.
We didn't have a chance to test any consumer support. But wow, "mimics human breath" - very elaborate though. And all that fancy technology really works. The thing literally sucked up tons of mosquitoes in the first week we had it set up. Mosquito Magnet has been perfecting trap designs like this for years.
It runs on a propane tank and the patented "smart technology" with LCD panel regulates the propane use very efficiently with 4 different fuel saving modes. It also differentiates between days and nights, and only cut on at certain peak hours and temperatures when the mosquitos are out, or the breeding process is starting.
On top of being such an advanced unit, we really liked the down to earth and smart human aspect features. Like how the unit is cordless and rechargeable. And getting out th net to clean it was extremely easy.
All in all the Mosquito Magnet MM3300 is a great deal. While the price is a bit high for sure, the productivity of the unit is obviously worth it.
- Powerful but whisper quiet fan to trap insects into the retaining cage
- Operate 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- May be used indoors or outdoors
- Bulbs will last an estimated 3,000 hours or approximately 4 months
- Dynatrap has a 10 feet cord and includes a cleaning brush and metal chain to hang
We also found that it catches basically anything that is small and that flys. Moths, flies, etc. So far we haven't caught any of the good garden bugs you'd want to keep though. So all is well on that front!
We haven't had the unit running long enough to change the bulb. But the bulbs only run about $10 for a pack. Seems like a good deal.
Overall a nice unit. Llightweight. It doesn't shoot out chemical odors. No zapping noises. No need for propane. No expensive parts to replace. The Dynatrap DT1000 is just a fan that sucks up bugs, bug does quite a good job of it.